Job type: Full time
Removals Operative Class 2 Driver to work as a team to move household, office and other furniture and goods to new premises or into storage.
• Taking household goods into or out of storage / properties.
• Vehicle checks and safety.
• Safely packaging items before removal or storage.
• Office removals or relocations.
• Large specialist projects such as moving hospital, library or school equipment.
• Moving specialist fine art and furniture.
Skills and Personal Qualities Needed;
• A presentable manner and appearance.
• Driving license including CPC. Qualified to drive 18 Tonne rigid vehicles.
• To relate easily and politely to customers from all backgrounds.
• To work well as a member of a team and follow instructions.
• Good practical skills.
• Physical fitness.
• An honest and responsible attitude to other people’s property.
• The ability to work in a careful and orderly way to avoid damaging items.
• Tact, as customers are often under stress during a removal.
Experience preferred but not essential.